Indoor Air Quality
Air Conditioning Services in Chicago, IL
We all know how hot and humid it can get here in the city during the summer months. It’s hardly surprising, therefore, that many homeowners in the Chicago, IL area opt for central air units, heat pumps, or ductless mini splits rather than portable window units. Since we are one of the city’s leading HVAC companies, it’s our job to make certain that your air conditioning system is powerful, efficient, and that it continues to run well for years to come.
Our NATE-certified technicians are well schooled in the science of air conditioning installation, replacement, repair, and maintenance, and there is little that we can’t handle when it comes to residential cooling. We are also available 24/7 for emergency AC repair, and our routine AC maintenance can save you serious money in the long-term. Call today to schedule an AC service!
Elm Heating & Cooling, Inc., Keeping Chicagoland comfortable since 1953!
Our team offers 24/7 heating & air conditioning services
Quick, Reliable Service
Friendly, Experienced Professionals
All Purpose Repair Services
Choosing the Right Air Conditioner for Your Household
If you’re hunting for that perfect air conditioner for a new home, or as a replacement model for your existing home, you’re not alone. Everyone wants to find that balance of cost–effectiveness, power, and efficiency so that they can stay cool without breaking the bank.
A gallery of air conditioning projects.
Let’s take a look at some of the best cooling options here in Chicago:
- Central Air Conditioning.
- "Central air" remains the most common type of cooling system throughout the country, and frankly, that’s no surprise. With an airtight network of ducts pushing cold air throughout the home, you’ll be as cool as you want to be.
- Heat Pumps.
- The heat pump works much like an air conditioner, but it has the capacity to reverse the flow of refrigerant, allowing it to heat your home during the winter as well as cool it during the summer. It’s highly energy efficient, and definitely worth your consideration.
- Ductless Mini Splits.
- If you don’t have the room for ducts, or don’t want to bother, then look into ductless mini splits. These are heat pumps, but they do not use ducts. Instead, they use multiple compact indoor units installed directly within your living space.
- Packaged HVAC Units.
- A packaged HVAC unit is simply a centralized air conditioner or heat pump with all of the components in a single box, rather than in separate indoor and outdoor units. Depending on your property, it might be right for your needs.
Common Cooling Problems that Need Pro AC Repair
If you find that your AC makes a terrible noise during operation, it gives you hot and cold spots in various areas of the home or apartment, or it’s very old and cannot keep up with your cooling requirements, then reach out to our team immediately.
The longer you wait, the greater the chance that a small issue will become a major problem. Our experienced technicians provide 24/7 air conditioning repair service throughout the Chicago, IL area. If you want to avoid many common repairs, then consider annual air conditioning maintenance. Not only does this mean that your system will be cleaned and tuned up regularly, but it will also last longer as a result. Call Elm Heating & Cooling, Inc. today.