- Heating Installation & Replacement
- Heating Repair & Maintenance
- Ductless Systems
- Garage Heaters
- Heat Pumps
- Radiant Heating Systems
- Zone Control Systems
- Carrier Products
- Lennox Products
Indoor Air Quality
Central Air Conditioners in Chicago, IL
When most people think of air conditioning, they think of central air conditioners. It should come as no surprise that central air units have become synonymous with summer comfort: they are powerful, energy efficient, and they pair nicely with furnaces. When it comes to central air conditioning, however, you need to hire a professionally trained and experienced HVAC technician to handle all aspects of installation, repair and maintenance, as well as replacement.
At Elm Heating & Cooling, Inc., we have been keeping Chicagoland comfortable since 1953! With a crew of 25 technicians and 275 years of combined experience, we aim to be your go-to provider of air conditioning services. Our NATE-certified technicians will be able to handle your new system installation as well as any problems that might develop with your existing air conditioner. Call today. We service AC units 24/7.
Our team offers 24/7 heating & air conditioning services
Quick, Reliable Service
Friendly, Experienced Professionals
All Purpose Repair Services
Benefits of Central Air Units
If you’re considering a new air conditioner for your home, then you’re already at the right place. It’s best to get in touch with a professional early on in the process so that you can be sure your system will match your home’s cooling requirements and your budget.
- One of the principal reasons to consider a centralized air conditioner is the power. In a matter of minutes, you’ll have cold air blowing through every vent in the home, and that means your system can keep your family comfortable easily, even on those August afternoons!
- Energy efficiency.
- When purchasing a new central air conditioner, you’ll want to keep an eye out for the SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) rating on the sticker of every AC unit. That gives you an estimate of how efficient the unit is (the higher the number the better). Today’s central air units offer outstanding ratings.
- While some of the high–end models can be expensive, in general central air conditioners are budget–friendly. There are also lots of options from which to choose.
Common Central AC Repair Needs
Every summer, your central AC gets a workout, and then it lies dormant for the rest of the year. Over the years, this leads to a certain amount of wear and tear, which will eventually result in various problems. While routine maintenance can prevent a number of problems from taking hold, it can’t prevent everything.
One of the most common indications that your central AC unit needs repair is a loud or obnoxious sound. If you hear grinding or banging, then shut off the system and call for central AC repair.
You may also find that your cooling is unevenly distributed throughout the home. This could mean any number of things, including a thermostat malfunction, a broken damper (if you have a zone control system) or a duct leak.
Is Routine Air Conditioning Maintenance Necessary?
Absolutely. While you can count on us for AC repair, you should also consider staying ahead of such trouble by having us clean, inspect, and tune up your central air conditioner once a year before the summer. This not only prevents problems, but it also boosts performance and energy efficiency. At Elm Heating & Cooling, Inc., we want to be your go–to service provider for all things related to central air conditioning in Chicago, IL. Contact our team today to learn more about all that we offer.