- Heating Installation & Replacement
- Heating Repair & Maintenance
- Ductless Systems
- Garage Heaters
- Radiant Heating Systems
- Zone Control Systems
- Carrier Products
- Lennox Products
Indoor Air Quality
Thermostats in Chicago, IL
Every heater or air conditioner contains a multitude of different parts, materials, and mechanisms: fuel, capacitors, refrigerant, coils, compressor motors, and so on. They all need to work together to provide you with ample comfort during the summer and winter months. But the one component that gives you access to this entire system is relatively small and inexpensive: the thermostat.
Without a decent thermostat, your AC or heater will not only be ineffective, but it can even cost more money to run than it should and lead to additional wear and tear to important components. And today’s thermostats offer a number of added features that can make your domestic life a lot more convenient.
Our NATE-certified technicians are here to offer you the very best in customer service, even when it comes to something so apparently small as the thermostat. We offer a number of different quality makes and models, whether we’re installing a new HVAC system for you or replacing your old manual thermostat with a new “smart” model.
Call Elm Heating & Cooling, Inc. today for thermostat installation or replacement in Chicago. We’ve been Keeping Chicagoland comfortable since 1953!
Our team offers 24/7 heating & air conditioning services
Quick, Reliable Service
Friendly, Experienced Professionals
All Purpose Repair Services
Your Thermostat Options
With so many options available to homeowners, settling on a single brand or model can be challenging, especially to those who don’t know what they need or who like to do their research before ever purchase. We’re here to advise you every step of the way. Let’s take a look at some of your options when it comes to thermostat selection:
- A basic digital thermostat makes for an excellent upgrade for homeowners who want an easy–to–use and easy–to–read way to control the temperature. We offer several no–frills models.
- Most digital thermostats these days come with some level of programmability. This means that you’ll be able to schedule the thermostat’s operation in advance so that you can save money when no one is at home, and make sure the home is comfortable when you get back from work or wake up in the morning.
- If you want to take your HVAC system to the next level, then a wifi–controlled or "smart" thermostat is right for you. This type of device allows you to control the temperature via your smartphone or tablet.
Is Your Thermostat Broken?
You may be wondering what could possibly go wrong with your thermostat, but there are some instances where it can drastically affect the ability of your HVAC system to operate. Here are some signs that you may want to consider a new thermostat:
- Erratic operation or short cycling.
- There are plenty of reasons why your heater or AC may be turning on and off erratically, but a faulty thermostat is one of them. If it cannot sense the correct temperature, then it confuses the HVAC control board.
- Hot and cold spots.
- If your home has a zone control system or you have ductless mini splits, and you encounter areas of hot and cold, then you should have your thermostat checked.
- Heater or AC turns off too soon.
- If the thermostat’s sensor is broken, then you may find yourself with an HVAC system that turns off too soon, and a home that is too hot or too cold.
Call our team today for all of your thermostat needs in Chicago, IL.