- Heating Installation & Replacement
- Heating Repair & Maintenance
- Ductless Systems
- SpacePak Small Duct Systems
- Garage Heaters
- Radiant Heating Systems
- Zone Control Systems
- Carrier Products
- Lennox Products
Indoor Air Quality
Air Purifiers in Chicago, IL
As you may or may not know, the air in your home is absolutely full of all kinds of airborne contaminants. These contaminants include dust, dirt, pollen, dander, mold spores, viruses, and bacteria. If inhaled in large enough amounts, over a long enough period of time, they can provoke allergy attacks, make you sick, or create chronic problems like asthma.
The best way to combat these contaminants is to install an air purifier in your home. Elm Heating & Cooling, Inc. installs and services a wide range of air purifiers throughout Chicago, IL. If you need to have an air purifier installed or serviced, call today to schedule an appointment with one of our indoor air quality experts.
Our team offers 24/7 heating & air conditioning services
Quick, Reliable Service
Friendly, Experienced Professionals
All Purpose Repair Services
Types of Air Purifiers We Offer
We install and service a myriad of different air purifier types, far too many to cover them all here. However, here are a few of the most popular ones:
- Ionization Purifier:
- An ionization purifier works by releasing a cloud of ions into the surrounding area during operation. As contaminants come into contact with these ions, they get heavier and heavier until they can no longer be blown around. They attach to the nearest surface, which is typically a metal plate inside the purifier. The plate can then be removed and cleaned to rid the home of the contaminants completely.
- UV Air Purifier:
- A UV air purifier doesn’t actually physically remove contaminants from the air. Instead, it gives off ultraviolet radiation. Think of it as a large lightbulb that gives off UV light. Most biological contaminants cannot withstand large amounts of UV light, and are either sterilized or destroyed completely upon contact with it. So, a UV air purifier helps to improve your air quality by killing germs that might otherwise infect you.
- Activated Carbon:
- An activated carbon purifier is essentially a filter that uses a slab of extremely porous carbon. As air flows through it, contaminants are absorbed by the carbon. This is a very efficient way to remove contaminants, though the carbon filter cannot capture certain types.
We Install and Service Air Purifiers
The process of installing an air purifier changes slightly depending on the type you’re using, but all of them share certain characteristics. You’re going to need access to your ducts, and will likely need to wire the purifier into the home’s power grid. Installing a whole–house air purifier requires a lot of specialized training and equipment in order to be done correctly, which means, you shouldn’t be doing it on your own. If you need to have an air purifier installed, call Elm Heating & Cooling, Inc.. We’ll make sure everything goes as smoothly as possible.
Air purifiers also need the occasional maintenance visit, in order to make sure that they’re operating properly. This should be done once every one or two years, for most purifier types, and more often for certain others. If you’re not sure how often you should have your air purifier serviced, give us a call and we’ll help you out. We serve all of Chicago, IL.